Friday, June 6, 2008

Fontainebleau



A new 7b traverse in Font. at the Hautes Plaines du Franchard area.

I'm now in Fontainebleau for a few days to boulder before heading south to Italy for the last leg of my trip. I had about an hour of climbing yesterday before it started pouring. This morning it was still raining but by midday I was out warming out at Roches aux sabots, Isatis then went back to this new area with mostly traverses. Really good lines and fun to climb. Maybe the style is reminescent of Halifax bouldering. I had a good day climbing. I flashed this 7b that is the intro to a new traverse testpiece put up this winter that is rated 8b+/8c!! Like v14 or something. Nuts! I should be able to climb the next 4 days as the weather is looking promising (knock on wood).
On a side note "team canada" is competing at the bouldering world cup in Vail, Colorado today. I'm looking forward to the results.