Monday, September 7, 2009

Columbus wall bolting



Today I had planned on bolting a hard project at Columbus wall. When I got to the top I took a second look at what is called the "headpointing wall". It is short. About 25-30' at the center. There are 3 lines on the far right shorter side that were soloed 10 yrs ago and are listed in the guidebook. I started eyeing some face climbs in the middle of the wall. At first I debated on bolting this wall but after climbing the lines I was very happy I decided to go for it. I bolted one line (3 bolts) that I guessed would be around 5.10 but once I redpointed it felt more like 5.11+. I almost finished bolting another line to the right but halfway done I noticed my drill bit had melted!! Done! I'll have to go back with a new bit and more bolts. There should be a good stack of sport lines on this short wall when I'm done which is rare for around Halifax. I think new climbers will enjoy this wall.
G

No comments: