Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grindelwald World Cup


Akito Matsushima from Japan on problem #3.

I'm in Grindelwald, Switz. and yesterday I competed in my first bouldering world cup. It was great but at the same time nerve wrecking! I was so nervous. The first 3 problems I got to the last move but couldn't top. The last 2 were much harder. But I managed to get all 5 bonus holds which put me in 51th place (out of 65). I learned quite a bit and I am looking forward in seeing the semis and finals later today.
I had a rough start to my trip as my luggage didn't arrive with me which meant I had to drive back to the airport (4:30am from Font) on Thursday to pick them up at the 6am flight from Montreal then turn back and drive 7hrs to Grindelwald. I still got to visit my friend Jo in Font. and eat lots of pain au chocolat (10!). GL