Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Atlantic Regionals March 2009




Last Saturday was the Tour de bloc regionals at UNB. I was back on my old turf to set and head-judge the comp. I always enjoy climbing and setting at that gym since that is where I first started climbing and I have some fond memories. In the past we have struggled with attendance but this one was enjoyable for all organizers as around 50 climbers from all over participated. We ran qualifiers for OPEN in the morning and REC & Experienced in the afternoon. Finals went smoothly I thought and I hooked up a live feed which same friends and family enjoyed in the comfort of their home.
The Men's OPEN field was pretty strong and I really didn't know who would take top spots. And in the end local man John Bowles grabbed 1st despite a finger injury.

photos by Ann Butler / top: Krissy Lunney on finals #3, bottom: Florian Muth about to send Finals #1