Sunday, August 2, 2009

Boulderfest

Got back today from Boulderfest. It was super hot on the island and it actually made it hard to climb. Many people opted to climb Saturday evening instead of the afternoon. 74 people came out for the event with the majority from Halifax and the others from NB, ON, Maine, and New Zealand. I set a personal goal to attempt 100 points climbing only v7s and harder. With the intense heat I knew this would even be harder. Since I was helping with registration I only got on the island at 3:30pm. After 62 points I needed to start taping my fingers. Once I reached 84 points it was 7pm and I was dehydrated. This year the diner was great. CNS and Todd organized pasta, salad, bread and more which was a break from the usual hamburger barbecue. Temps were starting to drop and many people began heading back out for a night session. I went out to see if I could score the missing 16 points to reach my goal of 100 but at 11:30pm I called it quits with a final score of 99! I was still content with my performance seeing how hot it was. Sean and GZ had some fireworks later that night and the campfire was a must. Sunday I just chilled and helped Todd with Pulldown Productions do some shooting for his next film. Always good times when it's sunny on Dover!
Here is what my final scorecard looked like (in order):
- Behave v7 (1st go warmup)
- No dents v8 (2nd go)
- Grippe d'homme v7 (1st go)
- Grippe d'homme sit down v8 (1st go)
- White Lobster v8 (2nd go)
- Smokey and da bandit v8 (2nd go)
- Blacksmith v9 (1st go)
- Third whale v7 (1st go)
- I heel good v7 (1st go)
- White trash v8 (1st go)
- Exciter v7 (1st go)
- Decepticon v7 (1st, go night session)
- Brendan's moped v8 (night session)
TL 99 points

word!

G