Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bully Wall (in Nova Scotia!)




Today I did some work at the BOLO shop. It took me longer than expected and it was 5pm by the time I left and wasn't sure if I should drive out to Bully wall. But I did go and climbed about 2 hours by myself. That seems to be my trend this summer. Easier to plan and honestly less hassle. And I don't mind having some alone time to listen to music, relax and ponder by the ocean. Back at the Bully wall the gem project that will climb straight out the steepness is super duper good. Quality. The crux is going to be at the end. The start is maybe v6. So I climbed as high as I could without a spotter then just figured out what could be the sequence up higher. This thing is going to be incredible once it goes. It has me psyched. Aside from this steep cave there are other fun boulder problems. Some are steep with holds and remind me a bit of the gymnasium at Hueco Tanks. Really fun.

photo: start of gem project